Bachelor’s degree SDC
BACHELOR’S DEGREE SPORTS DESIGN & COMMUNICATION
Become a go-to-market manager in the sports industry
OBJECTIVES OF THE BACHELOR
Bachelor’s Degree :
- A one-year International Program
- A 4 to 6-month internship
- All courses in English
- Starts in September 2017
- Number of students : 20
This program will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the go-to-market process. You will learn to oversee the design process of a full product range, to build the related stories, and to implement the entire marketing plan.
Intended mainly for small to medium sized companies, this program serves to train entrepreneurial-minded individuals to work efficiently in short cycles with all business stakeholders: engineering, design, marketing, and sales.
- Go-to-Market Manager (oversees the messaging, design, and execution of the product offering)
- Product Manager
- Marketing/Communication Manager
- Manage and oversee several product range projects
- Finalize product design (colors, materials, graphics)
- Plan and organize evaluation
- Coordinate a product launch, including all digital components
- Create a powerful story for each product and product range
- Master all online/offline communication tools
- Implement the marketing plan
This professional degree is open to entrepreneurs and creative students who share a passion for sports.
- Strong English skills
- Product Design or Graphic Design, Adobe tools (Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Comfortable with digital communication tools and social media
- Video editing is a plus
We recruit International open-minded students of all nationalities with at least 2 years of university studies in Design or Communication. [DUT, BTS, L2, or the equivalent (120 ECTS)]. Those individuals with official recognition of aqcuired skills through past work experience may also apply.
The program is structured around 3 main subject areas:
- Brand content
- Sports Industry Market
- Value culture
- Intercultural Management
- Basics of product range design, consumer profiles and segmentation
- Design tools (graphics, colors, tech pack)
- Innovation Management
- Product communication support tools
- Evaluation tools
- Communication Basics
- Digital Communication in Sports (social media, new uses, mobile technologies)
- Product launch, Trade marketing
- Communication plan
- Consumer and sports marketing
Project and Internship :
Each student is required to participate in a group project which will involve respecting a set of specifications given by one of our partners in the Sports Industry (company, association…).
The course finishes with a final 4 – 6 month internship (mostly in English ) which will take place in an outdoor sports industry company in France or abroad.
Both the project and the work placement will be graded based on a written report and an oral presentation.
This program was created by professionals from the sports industry:
Outdoor Sports Valley (OSV) is an industry trade association made up of 400 companies from the outdoor sports industry and located in Annecy.
ARVA, Columbia, Eider, Fusalp, Lafuma, Patagonia Europe, Picture Organic Clothing, Salomon, Scott Sports France, The North Face France, TSL Outdoor…
Other design, marketing, and communication companies involved in the program:
Chedal Anglay Design, JULBO, Muzzle Agency and Thierry Paris Conseil
This program is also supported by CITIA
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019
Connect on eCandidat
Candidates will be selected between January and June following an interview, based on their:
- English level
- Interest in sports
3 dates to apply :
- Before 23/02/2018 : interview on 02/03/2018
- Before 27/04/2018 : interview on 04/05/2018
- Before 08/06/2018 : interview on 15/06/2018
WARNING : Foreign applicants, non-nationals of the U.E, EEE, Swiss Confederation, Monaco or Andorra (« non-European » students), holding or in preparation for a diploma equivalent to the French Baccalaureate (E.U or outside the E.U), and residing in one of the countries with a CEF* procedure must obligatory apply on the application « Etudes en France » : https://pastel.diplomatie.gouv.fr/etudesenfrance/
It allows the candidate to benefit from a support service: access to a single online service for all registration procedures up to the visa application.
The recruitment campaign period for foreign students for the 2018 school year has been set for the University of Savoie from January 3 to March 20, 2018.
No derogation from the calendar can be granted.
(*Algeria, Argentina, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, South Korea, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, United States, Gabon, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mexico, Peru, Democratic Republic of Congo, Russia, Senegal, Singapore, Taiwan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Vietnam.)
SCHEDULE AND FEES
The schedule :
The fees :
- French students : about 400 €
- Erasmus European students : no fee
- Foreign students (non Erasmus) : 3500 €
- Working French Adults (or Pole Emploi registered) : please contact : Formation Continue ; e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIVERSITE SAVOIE MONT-BLANC – IUT ANNECY – FRANCE
“Sports Design & Communication” bachelor’s degree
Administrative Contact : Caroline ALTHEY / +33 4 50 09 23 08 /email@example.com
Program Manager : Christine RIEU / firstname.lastname@example.org
BACHELOR SDC – GEA
9 RUE DE L’ARC EN CIEL – BP 240
ANNECY LE VIEUX
74942 ANNECY CEDEX